Reka hiking holidays: more than ever a great idea.
The quote comes – as many would suggest – from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, and you’d be inclined to believe such a widely-travelled person who was always in search of the “authentic”, preferably on foot.
Anybody who gladly sets off in their best hiking boots knows just what he’s talking about: hiking has a special magic about it – enjoying the simple life, in unison with nature, valuable time with your loved ones, pure relaxation. Forget all about work, shut down, switch off. Leave hectic, noisy everyday stress behind. Fresh air streaming through your lungs with every step… Eyes on the path at just the right tempo to soak up all the beauty around you. Fading into the distance down there, everyday life shrinks by the minute!
Hiking holidays are …
... a true mega trend at the moment with old and young alike because they are simply totally relaxing. Being “outdoors”, getting away from the city and experiencing pure nature is just priceless and outstanding! What more could you want?
Hiking is good for body and soul
As an endurance sport, it strengthens your lungs, heart and circulation as well as your bones, ligaments and tendons. On top of all this, walking promotes a regular output of ‘happy hormones’ in the brain – reducing stress and stimulating good ideas.
The season’s always right for hiking
Here and now, or with a plan and a map. Today or tomorrow. When the weather clears up or in spite of a couple of clouds. On the spur of the moment for a few hours or even several days – nature is always ready out there!
At Reka there’s always just the right accommodation for unforgettable hiking days in summer and autumn but also for winter hiking and snowshoeing in the deep snowy paradise.
Hiking is affordable
All you need is footgear, a stick, rucksack and suitable clothes. If you feel fine on foot, you don’t need any expensive equipment or even a means of transport. As a Reka guest you’re especially well served by public transport (text only in German).
Hiking is soft tourism
No overlong journey, caring for natural surroundings, sustainably equipping themselves – if they organise their holiday consciously, hiking enthusiasts leave a decisive positive ecological footprint. All the more so if they also choose the best possible holiday accommodation: Reka is well on its way to becoming the most sustainable holiday provider in Switzerland. As a pioneer company in this respect, we have been certified by Swiss Tourism with the «Swisstainable» logo.
Hiking creates companionship
Creating something together – successfully reaching the same destination. Whether you’re a family or a group of friends, experiences in a natural environment with your loved ones strengthen the feeling of belonging together.
There’s more with Reka – on hiking holidays too
Mountains, clean rivers and lakes, unspoilt nature and definitely the most extensive hiking network in the world: Switzerland is a paradise for discoveries on foot. In a small area it offers a very wide range of experiences in a variety of landscapes, cultural and climate zones. Countless routes lead you to hiking days full of stunning views up to breath-taking summits. Public transport makes remote areas as accessible as big city centres.
Our flats, holiday houses and hotel accommodation are perfect for families and groups. You’ll find yourself in the most beautiful hiking areas of Switzerland – aware that you’re slightly off the beaten track but always at the heart of magnificent natural surroundings.
With the Reka Holiday Village at Montfaucon as your point of departure, you can hike through horse pastures and vast forests. Discover all the special charm of the Franches Montagnes at the foot of the Swiss plateau.
- Relax in the evening at the exclusive wellness oasis, right next door to your holiday house.
Impressive mountains and ancient villages, wellness, art and its own particular culture. The best idea is to discover the whole canton thanks to the Rhaetian Railway. You’ll find hiking holiday accommodation at Bergün, Disentis, Madulain or Scuol. Our popular partner facilities will greet you in Brigels and Savognin (both only in German).
- Bergün: perfect for all tours from spring to autumn: from 11.03. – 21.10.2023 and from 09.03. – 19.10.2024, the Rhaetian Railway Pass is free for all Reka Holiday Village guests!
- Scuol: Mountain railways are now free during the 2023/24 summer season for all our holiday facility guests. Free public transport.
- Disentis: With the special Reka Holiday Village guest card you’ll enjoy lots of perks and discounts.
- Madulain: Relax after your hike in the modern wellness oasis
The highest peaks in Switzerland including many 4000m summits. The bilingual canton of Valais offers typical authentic culture and an incomparable natural experience. Perfect points of departure for the Valais adventure are the Reka facilities in Blatten-Belalp and Zinal as well as our partner accommodation in Zermatt (only in German).
- Blatten-Belalp: in summer 2023 our guests will enjoy a 50% discount on the normal single or return Blatten-Belalp fare.
- Sörenberg: our holiday village guests enjoy «All inclusive» with the Sörenberg Card: in summer 2023/24 they will be able to travel free on all mountain railways, all day long!
- Morschach: after extensive tours around the Fronalpstock mountain, you can relax in the fabulous bathing and wellness worlds
- Wildhaus: As a Toggenburg guest card-holder you’ll get interesting reductions on mountain railways. Check this out on the website of the Reka Holiday Village in Wildhaus.
Stunning mountain worlds await you in the three-star Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau area, e.g. the famous Simmental valley and its 1000 waterways at Lenk, the jagged peaks of the Engelhörner in Hasliberg or the Pays d’Enhaut in Rougemont between Gstaad and Château d'Oex.
- Lenk: As a guest with us, you’ll enjoy especially affordable rates on local attractions
- Hasliberg: With our Holiday Village guest card you’ll get a 20% reduction on the best hiking day passes (Zone 1-3) as well as special rates on the the Meiringen-Hasliberg mountain railway. In addition, you can relax at the sauna or take advantage of special offers to book a massage.
You’ll discover a genuine hiking paradise with a touch of southern flair at our Parkhotel Brenscino Brissago as well as at our facilities at Brissago, Magadino, Gandria and, from summer 2022, at our freshly renovated Reka Holiday Village in Lugano-Albonago.
- Ticino Ticket (only in German) for all Reka guests: free public transport in the whole of Ticino and lots of reductions on railways and attractions - a great extra for hikers too!
First of all: your four-legged friend is most welcome in nearly every facility as well as with lots of our partners. And because dogs and nature go so well together, we also offer group courses for dog owners.
Are you planning a hiking holiday? You’ll find the best info here...:
We work closely with our «Swiss Hiking Trails» partner (only in German). The widely established hikers’ organization was founded in 1934. It looks after the network of over 65,000 km of hiking paths. Online and in many publications, you’ll find first-class hiking information on topics such as signalling, security and equipment as well as lots of useful tips, new ideas and tour suggestions for all destinations. As a sponsor or member, you enjoy a CHF 50.- reduction with Reka on your holiday booking and ensure that you obtain special conditions for access to the best routes. For information on the departure point for your hiking, we also recommend your holiday destinations’ websites as well as Swiss Tourism. Here you’ll discover attractive hiking experiences for each region and level of difficulty. Furthermore, there are lots of hiking apps and maps. Tools available in SwissMobile, the non-motorized transport network provide good guidance on Swiss map material. They display the hiking route network comprehensively and clearly in «Hiking in Switzerland». Also available are routes for winter and snowshoe hiking.
Reka and hiking – the perfect fit – yesterday, today and even the day after tomorrow!
We look forward to meeting you.