Reka winter holidays: the magic of sparkling cold temperatures
Sure, you can escape from the cold for your winter holidays... to the southernmost corners of Europe. Or you can fly halfway around the globe for a couple of days by the sea – and your carbon footprint is not the issue here. Sure, you can. But do we have to, just because we can? The whole world dreams of nothing better than once in a lifetime enjoying the winter magic of a sunny day in the snow. So why travel so far afield?
Switzerland is THE winter holidays paradise. This is where they were invented! And they’re always a success here! Generous sunshine up above the fog, snowy landscapes with magnificent mountains in the background, snow-topped chalet roofs, sleigh rides through fairy-tale forests, peering up at the clear blue sky through glistening icicles, gliding downhill to the valley on skis and snowboards. Then round off the day with après-ski drinks and a fondue by the fireside.
Is there anywhere more beautiful for winter holidays than our Switzerland?
How quickly the year’s flown by! The last autumn holidays in the warm south seem like only a few days ago. All of a sudden, it’s dark by tea-time, temperatures chill to under 10°C all day and the last leaves flutter to the ground. Nature is quiet now and cold, foggy and damp weather settles in the streets. You’ll soon be fetching thick jackets from the cellar and warm tights, hats and gloves for the children out of the cupboard. You get the skis and sledges ready.
High time to plan winter holidays with Reka! No matter whether it’s for sports holidays during school vacation, Christmas and New Year or for in-between times for an extra-long weekend bread in the snow – with us you’ll find just the right accommodation in the finest holiday regions in Switzerland. As well as lots of ideas for relaxing and eventful short breaks. Sports enthusiasts are counted in anyway: skiing, snowboarding, cross-country, snowshoe hiking, ice-skating - your Reka winter holiday home is a top address for every kind of urge to get out and move!
And typically, there’s always more with Reka! In some places, our guests enjoy exclusive extras such as reduced-price activities, free mountain railways, ski lifts and transport with local public transport or special offers for children.
Why not discover our winter specials at particularly interesting prices now!
There’s more for everyone with Reka:
Winter holidays at a Reka Holiday Village
All Reka Holiday Villages offer the perfect setting for successful holiday fun: fooling around in the snow, playing and doing handicrafts at the Rekalino Club, so that parents can also relax for a couple of hours. There are indoor baths at all our villages with lots of variety and indoor activities. On top of this, every Holiday Village has its own entertainment theme for the winter holidays:
- Sörenberg is ideally suited for skiing holidays, here the chairlift operates right from your doorstep
- In Disentis you can keep an eye on your offspring at ski school directly from the kitchen window
- The Bergün toboggan runs finish just a snowball’s throw from your holiday flat! On certain dates ski lifts are free at the resort
- High-Alpine magic beneath the Valais’s mightiest peaks at the Reka Holiday Village in Zinal
- You can set out on fabulous cross-country skiing and winter hiking tours in the Jura region from just in front of your holiday flat at the Reka Holiday Village at Montfaucon, with a wellness oasis!
- Experience bewitched encounters in the moonlight near the immense Aletsch glacier at the winter sports mecca on the Belalp
- There’s a reduced-price ski school at the family skiing area at Hasliberg, always in view of the impressive Rosenlaui glacier
- At Lenk be astonished by the frozen waterfalls and enjoy the endless opportunities for winter sports
- Urnäsch in the Appenzeller region will fascinate you with winter farmyard life and lots of animals. In addition, our family winter magic weeks programme includes great excursions
- At Wildhaus you can choose from two family-friendly skiing areas and add a booking for the popular snow sport weeks for Minis
- Morschach offers you a vast winter sports area out in the open air. But indoors as well, you can spend active winter holidays at the heart of the leisure park with an extensive bathing worldA little more of a quiet “retreat” and individuality?
A little more of a quiet “retreat” and individuality?
You’ll find more winter holidays on reka.ch.
Are you looking for something small but nice, a winter holiday paradise away from crowded destinations? You’re on the right track here:
- In your holiday flat at Madulain, near St. Moritz, the most beautiful cross-country trails stretch out before you across Engadin’s endless wide-open spaces. In the evening you’ll be able to relax in the wellness area that was refurbished in 2021
- Rougemont, not far from Gstaad, qualifies «officially» as one of the most beautiful villages in Switzerland in winter too. Close by, your snowshoe and cross-country tours begin. The cable car is close at hand to whisk you up to the winter sports area at a breezy 3,500 meters above sea level.
- Scuol, the “Spa Queen of the Alps”, is one of the best centres for wellness cures. But cross-country skiers, hikers and skiers get their money’s worth here.
- At the Pradas Resort in Brigels you’ll enjoy the view out over the impressive Brigelser Hörner mountain massif. The resort is perfectly tailored to families. Take advantage of the 500m2 bathing and sauna world and the resort’s own KidsClub for children from 3 to 10!