On holiday with your beloved four-legged friend!
Whether they’re a family, a couple or single: true dog lovers certainly don’t leave their pets at home during the holidays. Reka Holiday homes in the Swiss hikers’ paradise are perfect for vacations with a dog. There’s a cosy spot almost everywhere and always plenty of natural surroundings for adventures together. Discover our offers!
Where are dogs allowed at Reka?
We offer dog-friendly Reka Holiday flats all over Switzerland, in the Jura, the Valais and the Bernese Oberland, in Central Switzerland, in Ticino and the Grisons as well as in the foothills of the Alps in Eastern Switzerland.
To reach a holiday home in Switzerland, there’s no long journey for you and your dog to put up with. You arrive at your destination completely relaxed and can start enjoying yourselves straight away. Whether you prefer a relaxed stroll across the meadows or breathing fresh alpine air while hiking high up in the mountains, you and the family’s best friend will surely find holiday bliss in these resorts:
- Reka Holiday Village Blatten-Belalp
- Reka Holiday Village Lenk
- Reka Holiday Village Hasliberg
- Reka Holiday residence Rougemont
- Reka Holiday Village Sörenberg
- Reka Holiday VillageDisentis
- Reka Holiday Village Wildhaus
- Reka Holiday residence Brissago
- Reka Holiday residencee Gandria
- Reka Holiday residence Magadino
- Reka Holiday Village Lugano-Albonago
- Reka holiday residence Chesa Engiadina Madulain
- Reka Holiday residence Scuol
- Reka Holiday Resort Swiss Holiday Park, Morschach
- Parkhotel Brenscino Brissago
In addition, some of our partner providers advertise holiday homes in Switzerland that are suitable for dogs. There are also some abroad.
As the number of flats is limited, we recommend you book early. Please register your dog as soon as you book (for online booking: additional services "pets").
- Dogs are only allowed in selected flats. These are marked accordingly with a sign
- The dog must be registered at the time of booking and is added via the additional services
- Do you have more than one dog? Please note the maximum number of dogs allowed
- The surcharge per dog per night is CHF 10 and is payable at the time of booking, except for guide dogs and assistance dogs, which are free of charge. Guide dogs and assistance dogs must also be registered at the time of booking
Check-list: Planning a holiday with a dog...
What should you remember before a trip with a dog in Switzerland or abroad?
- Attention: compulsory chip when travelling with a dog in or through EU countries or in or through Switzerland!
- Check current entry requirements (www.blv.admin.ch, travelling with pets)
- Check whether, in the flat you’ve booked, dogs are allowed/registered (Dogs in holiday facilities/ with landlord’s approval)
- Plan the trip with pet-friendly stages, i.e. perhaps an overnight stay to break the journey.
- Swiss or EU pet passport and microchip
- Possibly travel insurance for emergencies
- Telephone number and address of a local vet
- Address tag with telephone number/address of the holiday destination
- Possibly preventive medicine, e.g. for travel sickness.
- Possibly supplementary vaccinations
- Muzzle (check local regulations)
Check-list: Which dog items should you bring?
Have you remembered to bring Fido’s favourite things with you for the journey and in your holiday home?
- Fresh drinking water, water bowl for the journey
- Transport box or special safety harness for the car
- Food, chews, treats
- Food and water bowl
- Dog basket, dog cushion
- Favourite toys
- Collar, harness and lead
- Enough poop bags
- Hand towel/drying towel
Check-list: The dog’s travel first-aid kit...
Remember to pack what your dog might need!
- Medicine he has to take regularly
- Travel sickness pills and tranquilizers
- Wound spray or cream / disinfectant
- Cold packs
- Bandages, scissors, tweezers
- Paw balm, eye ointment and ear-cleaners
- Preparation against parasites, tick collar and pincers
- Remedy for diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting
- Eye and ear drops
- Wipes to clean eyes and paws
- Sun protection for short-coated dogs